Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back in school

Haywood Community College campus
If you're looking for me this fall, look in the greenhouses at Haywood Community College. This fall, an educational allotment I was awarded for my AmeriCorps service with Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy in 2004 was due to expire if I didn't use it. I decided to take the opportunity to brush up on the science of all I do as well as improve my skills in plant propagation and landscape design. This semester, I'm taking Plant Propagation, Soil Science, Applied Plant Science, Plant Materials and Landscape Design.

While I'm enjoying the classes, I look forward to returning to the work of M R Gardens once I've earned my Horticulture Certificate. Check back in early 2013 for announcements about spring plant sales, garden coaching and edible landscaping consultations.