Friday, May 24, 2013

Thinking ahead to fall

 
The plant list for the fall Pre-Season Prep service is now available. I'll be seeding most plants mid-June so that you can plant by the beginning of August. This year I'm offering 25 varieties of arugula, broccoli, cabbage, chervil, cilantro, collards, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, parsley, spinach, Swiss chard and totsoi (pictured right). Be sure to view more images of these varieties here.


Contact me at gardens@wncmretc.com and I'll send you a plant list and order form. Email the completed form to me by Saturday, June 15 to ensure you get the varieties you want.

I'm offering a recycled pots discount. I'll take 25 cents off the price of your plant if you give me a clean 3-inch to 5-inch pot or 4-pack at pick-up time. In doing this, I'm continuing to limit the amount of plastic my business adds to the landfill as well as decreasing the amount of labor I spend washing pots so I can keep my prices affordable. While I thoroughly sanitize all my pots regardless, I request that you give them a pre-wash, spraying off all dirt and scrubbing them with dishwashing soap. Please make sure the pots don't have so many cracks that that they are unusable.

M R Gardens solely uses organic potting soils, pest control methods and fertilizers. Plants are sold on a sliding scale to ensure the availability of healthily grown plants to all in the community. I trade seeds with Appalachian growers or buy seeds from companies that have taken the Council for Responsible Genetics Safe Seed Pledge.

Growing space is limited so please order as soon as possible to reserve your plants.