Plus, if you've read about ecological gardening, the complexities can feel overwhelming. There are
Perhaps the most significant variable is you! It's important that you set up a system that fits your lifestyle, schedule, goals, personality and work style. If you don't, you'll grow frustrated and stop gardening.
When you hire Megan as a garden coach, she will help you set up a system that addresses these elements. She'll ask such questions as:
· What are your goals? What benefits, emotionally, physically, socially and environmentally are you expecting to gain from your garden?
· How will gardening fit into your lifestyle? How much time do you want to spend in it weekly or daily?
· What type of work do you like best? Do you prefer activities that are physically demanding or ones that are meditative?
· Are you interested in learning about a wide variety of vegetables and herbs?
· Do you want to extend the seasonality of vegetables so you're harvesting greens all winter long? Grow enough to put up for the winter? Donate excess food to a local charity? Sell to a local chef?
Once Megan completes the interview with you, she'll provide you a garden design specifically for you, as well as spreadsheets, timelines and growing tips to make your life in the garden manageable. Then she will designate a few days your first season to work with you in the garden, where you can learn everything from how to best hold your body while working to when it's best to pick a pepper. Here are a few examples of packages that clients typically choose in conjunction with landscape design services.
Sometimes it's nice to have someone beside you when you're undertaking something new, cheering you on, giving you confidence and answering your questions. Not to mention having good conversations while your hands are in the soil. To set up an appointment, contact Megan at 828.333.4151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have limited growing space at your home but want to be involved with the growing of your own food? Read about the on-farm group garden coaching classes, Grow, for the home gardener, and Emerge, for the potential professional horticulturist.